In cooperation with the Centre for Kinesiology and gymnastics AKUMED DOO
Integral neurorehabilitation is based on integrated medicine principles.
Integral neurorehabilitation (INRA) is a therapeutical protocol which consists of simultaneous application of different therapeutical methods in order to regenerate and promote brain motor functions. These methods are:
- electromagnetic stimulation
- sensory stimulation
- nerve and muscle stimulation
- Therasuit method
- hyperbaric soft chamber
Philosophy of integral neurorehabilitation:
- neuroplasticity compensates for brain damage and dysfunction by the proccess of brain growth and reorganization
- brain growth is promoted by stimulation of the brain
- brain growth can also be promoted by nutrition, hydration, respiration and regulation
- neurons are biological electromagnetic units
Simultaneous application of different therapeutical methods is creating synergy where disparate therapies are optimizing and enhancing one another. Synergy is creating huge therapeutical potential of INRA. INRA can be applied to any nonprogressive brain damage and disease.
When a patient comes to a Center for integral neurorehabilitation he is examined and evaluated. His primary motoric goals are set.
Motoric goals are following natural motoric development pattern which means that first we need to stabilize the head and back, improve the funcion of the arms, then improve sitting and pelvic functions. After that we are dealing with creeping and crawling, knee walking etc…
- We are using homeopatahic and nutritional remedies to reduce spasticity and stimulate neuronal functions. Some of them are taken orally and some parenteraly.
- We are using magnetic therapy for improving brain metabolism.
- We are using modified oxygen therapy and hyperbaric oxygen therapy to improve respiration.
- We are using aromatherapy and massage for sensory stimulation.
- We are using acupuncture and functional electrical stimulation for stimulation of nerves and muscles and for decreasing pathological reflexes.
Therapy is conducted every working day. Patient is in the Center for 3 to 4 hours according to his endurance.
Every patient has his own personal trainer (coach) who is working with him one on one. dr. Maja Roje Novak makes a training program according to set primary motor goals. Program consists of 5 to 14 various exercises. When set motor goals are met the program chnages and new program is formed. Training lasts for 2 to 3 hours.
After the training, stimulation part is done by dr. Maja Roje Novak.
Results of the integral neurorehabilitation therapy are very good: Please watch them on www.youtube.com, search for “udruga snaga”
Dr. Maja Roje Novak, neurologist
- Conventional neurological pharmacotherapy
- Nutritional therapy
- Herbal therapy
- Magnetic resonant therapy
- Alpha lipoic acid
- Calcium EAP
- Allohomeo therapy
- Sulpyco method (more)
- Help with bpc 157
Indications for integrated treatment
- Cerebral palsy
- Multiple sclerosis
- Facial palsy
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Amiotrophical lateral sclerosis and motor neuron disease
- Guillan Barre syndrome (polyradiculoneuritis)
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Headaches and migraine
- Brain and spine damage
- Trauma of peripheral nerves
- Panic and depressive disorder
- Alchohol and drug abuse
- Depressive/anxiety disorders (more)