When a patient comes to a Center for integral neurorehabilitation he is examined and evaluated. His primary motoric goals are set.
Motoric goals are following natural motoric development pattern which means that first we need to stabilize the head and back, improve the funcion of the arms, then improve sitting and pelvic functions. After that we are dealing with creeping and crawling, knee walking etc…
- We are using homeopatahic and nutritional remedies to reduce spasticity and stimulate neuronal functions. Some of them are taken orally and some parenteraly.
- We are using magnetic therapy for improving brain metabolism.
- We are using modified oxygen therapy and hyperbaric oxygen therapy to improve respiration.
- We are using aromatherapy and massage for sensory stimulation.
- We are using acupuncture and functional electrical stimulation for stimulation of nerves and muscles and for decreasing pathological reflexes.
Therapy is conducted every working day. Patient is in the Center for 3 to 4 hours according to his endurance.
Every patient has his own personal trainer (coach) who is working with him one on one. dr. Maja Roje Novak makes a training program according to set primary motor goals. Program consists of 5 to 14 various exercises. When set motor goals are met the program chnages and new program is formed. Training lasts for 2 to 3 hours.
After the training, stimulation part is done by dr. Maja Roje Novak.
Results of the integral neurorehabilitation therapy are very good: Please watch them on www.youtube.com, search for “udruga snaga”
Dr. Maja Roje Novak, neurologist